I have the sweetest friends! Last night a few of them threw a surprise baby shower for me! A few had asked about a shower and I kept saying, "Please don't. Really, I don't need anything!" Yeah, diapers and wipes are always nice, but really, we can afford to buy our own. Plus, I haven't lived here that long and I would feel bad "asking" people for diapers, wipes, clothes, etc. Anyhow, one gal here, Jenny, frequently throws girls nights. So they used that as the guise and lured me over. I almost didn't even go, but my other friend, Linda, insisted on picking me up, etc.
Of course, since I thought it was a usual "late night, comfy clothes" girls night, I showed up with a barrette in my hair, oversized sweatpants and Lee's slippers. Oh yes, I did! The surprise was on me! My friend, Lila, made the cutest cake! It was delicious too!
I only had my camera phone, so the pictures aren't that great. And I wish I had gotten a picture of everyone. Oh well. My gifts were diapers and wipes and I was very grateful for them! We had a great time, laughing all night. The best women ever live here! I was thoroughly exhausted when I got home at 1am!! Lee had a game night, so he was awake too. Boy, 6am comes quickly when you go to bed at 1:30am!
In the morning, Amy had a dance practice. This one was to get them ready for their recital in April. It was Lee's first time watching Amy dance and he loved it! He couldn't believe how big she's getting! She wasn't nervous or anything on the big stage, in front of all the parents. After that, we had to come home and take naps! Lee and I could barely keep our eyes open. Then we went to the mall. Everyone but me got some new clothes. Lee saves a fortune when I'm pregnant. :)
The afternoon was reserved for the house! Oh me oh my. It was soooo bad. I know I always say that, but really, I'm not exaggerating. And of course, since we had the kids running around, it took 3x's as long to do every step. We moved a lot of things around (well, Lee did...) and one was the table we were using as a computer desk. But you have to take the top off to move it.... anyhow, of course Amy and Will wanted to help. He had Amy holding a flashlight, but Will just did whatever. At one point Lee said, "How in the world did your Dad ever get anything done with all four of you??!!" I laughed and said I had no idea.
I'll post pictures of the changes when everything is completely done. We are pretty worn out. But it looks good and hopefully with things now in place, life will be a little easier!


Seems like you keep finding more great reasons to live there. So nice of those girls to give you a shower. Love always.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice surprise!! You sure do have nice friends there too--but what's not to like--of course that's Gram talking. Sounds like all had a great time and judging from the time you got home I'm sure you did. Glad too to see you are getting all your new things put in place. It will be so nice to have everything finished. Lee is lucky to have such good helpers!! Love to you all, Gram
ReplyDeleteDiapers and wipes are definitely a must! That was so sweet of them! And the cake was very cute too. Ha, ha!! I wonder too how my Grandma did it with 4 while my Grandpa was away in the Army and we only have one. I guess this is why she laughs and reminds me how I always wanted twins! Tell Lee he's not alone! :o)
ReplyDeleteYour father disappeared to the basement and left me pulling my hair out. I am still saving money for extensive therapy.
ReplyDeleteSo great of the gals to give you a shower. Bet you will burn those sweats when you get skinny again!