Wednesday, November 30, 2011

One Happy Man

Lee has wanted a flat screen tv, FOREVER. Personally, it's cool, but I don't really care that much. I think it's a guy thing. We've saved for one, but something else was always more pressing and the funds went to that instead. We had hopes of getting one in the coming months, but then.....

Uncle Bobby and Karen came to the rescue! They asked if that's what we wanted for an early Christmas/graduation present and of course we said YES. We were anxiously awaiting all day for the UPS man to pull up.... finally around 6:30pm, he did.

(We were watching Alida, so she joined in all the pictures and said "Cheese!!")



Setting it up....

Will loved playing on the huge box. Actually, all the kids did. It was a nice distraction so we could mess with the tv.


When in doubt, have your 18 month old read the instruction manual for you.


We still have some more 'setting up' to do, but the kids were antsy, so we just put it on a cartoon and let them at it. It's pretty cool, I have to admit. Eventually, it will hang over the fireplace, but we need my dad to pay a visit for that one. So until then, it'll just sit on our tv stand.

In other news- I've started Christmas decorating. We were able to get some (not all) of our stuff from Karen's attic at Thanksgiving.... and I went at it. I'm still playing with a few things, but when I get them "just right" I'll post pics.

For now, here's a sneak peek at our tree... or rather 3 (thin) trees.....

6 comments:

  1. Lee will never get that grin off his face if he lives to be 100. What a wonderful gift! I'm sure it is pretty much a Man thing as they treasure the large screens the most. I bet the kids have had a blast with the box too. Your house looks like Christmas already. Your tree looks so pretty and I'm anxious to see what other fun things you end up doing. Is Amy finding the Elf yet? I know she had so much fun with that last year. It is nice to see you all so happy. Much love to you all, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gram is right, it's a guy thing. Glad Christmas came early. The box is a toy in the National Toy Hall of Fame who needs to spend money on other things. Love always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I think Stratton and I are the last in the family to get one. Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever Anna, you and Stratton were the first. Your screen is gigantic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! What a surprise to see Alida in the pics!! She and Amy are so funny, love the princess capes and crowns! Congrats on the TV :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweeettt. It's definitely a man thing and grandma is wise beyond her years, lee will never forget this day even when he is 100. Are you guys going to get or do you already have cable? If so call me...I have a deal for ya ;) -Ben

    ReplyDelete

.