Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Don't Know How Lee Lives With Me

Our house is so tiny. No storage what so ever. So things get cluttered EASILY.

Poor Lee is a neat freak. Or was until he married me. haha.

Again today.... the house was in shambles.....



After my friend Holly did our taxes for us (It's nice to have an accountant as a friend), I realized my files were a mess. So I decided to clean them out. Well, there were a lot of papers that needed to be shredded, but the shredder was in Will's closet. Anytime I wanted to get it, he was sleeping. When I finally did get it out, Amy was sleeping. So I had to wait until everyone was awake. So there were piles all over the floor and on top of the desk.....


I volunteered to make dinner for a friend who just had twins.... double the meal, double the mess. Plus, I never cleaned the blender and cups from this mornings green smoothie fix.

(sigh) the "catch-all" area. The girls had gotten out the play-doh and tea set. The food was from, well, when we ate in shifts. Lee shoved some things aside to carve a space for him to eat.




I think I may have ADD- I can't seem to keep on one project at a time. At least it seems that way. Actually, the problem is that I start something, and then can't finish it for some reason (kid sleeping, etc) so I move onto the next. Maybe one day I'll get a grasp on that.

In the meantime..... Will is still going everywhere....



He took a break here to watch a few minutes of Amy's strawberry shortcake movie. It didn't hold his attention.

And Amy is sick.....




Poor thing. Started with the sniffles last night and has escalated into a full-blown fever this evening.

So here we sit..... we honestly can't wait to pick out our new place. We will be very picky. And it's almost time....! Woohoo!!!


4 comments:


Aunt Lynn said...
See, I knew there was some way you got so much done all the time, you just forget to do the neatening up. You still have time to learn that trick as well. I think you have a form of what we call "Butt First" you're doing something and before you can finish "butt first" happens and you get into something else. Ask Gram, it takes a lot of work to change that. Good luck, hope Amy feels better soon. Love always.
Gram said...
A larger house will help LOTS!! I'm sure more space will work wonders as then you will have an area just for you!!! I used to do my sewing in the dining room and if I waited until the table was free I would never have gotten any sewing finished. Now I have all these rooms and lots of places to put things and believe me I use most of them. Patience is what you need most and from what I see you have a load of it. Hope Amy is feeling better. She looks so unhappy!! Will sure is getting around a lot. Lee is able to clear a spot to eat so All will come to an end real soon. Keep up your Butt First and you will never get bored as you will always have something to finish. Lots of love to you all. Hope Amy is feeling better and Lee is able to keep his place at the table and Will staying happy and you busy. Gram
Mary Ellen said...
At least you make the rest of us feel better! Haha
Jenny said...
Ha, this was different from when I read it last night :) Neatness is nice, but life is just messy. There's been a sewing machine on our dining room table for about a month now. Having a larger space helps with the location of the mess, but it doesn't make it go away, which is my problem. The thing that's cool, though, is that the messes were almost all because of something you were doing for someone else. I'm sure at the end of your life, you will not regret having an occasional mess because you were ministering to someone else.

4 comments:

  1. See, I knew there was some way you got so much done all the time, you just forget to do the neatening up. You still have time to learn that trick as well. I think you have a form of what we call "Butt First" you're doing something and before you can finish "butt first" happens and you get into something else. Ask Gram, it takes a lot of work to change that. Good luck, hope Amy feels better soon. Love always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A larger house will help LOTS!! I'm sure more space will work wonders as then you will have an area just for you!!! I used to do my sewing in the dining room and if I waited until the table was free I would never have gotten any sewing finished. Now I have all these rooms and lots of places to put things and believe me I use most of them. Patience is what you need most and from what I see you have a load of it. Hope Amy is feeling better. She looks so unhappy!! Will sure is getting around a lot. Lee is able to clear a spot to eat so All will come to an end real soon. Keep up your Butt First and you will never get bored as you will always have something to finish. Lots of love to you all. Hope Amy is feeling better and Lee is able to keep his place at the table and Will staying happy and you busy. Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you make the rest of us feel better! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, this was different from when I read it last night :) Neatness is nice, but life is just messy. There's been a sewing machine on our dining room table for about a month now. Having a larger space helps with the location of the mess, but it doesn't make it go away, which is my problem. The thing that's cool, though, is that the messes were almost all because of something you were doing for someone else. I'm sure at the end of your life, you will not regret having an occasional mess because you were ministering to someone else.

    ReplyDelete

.