Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Food, Goo and a Spill

For lunch today I filled a muffin tin with things for the girls to eat. They seemed to think that was cool... I still couldn't get them to eat their sandwiches- even though they were tiny sandwich 'sticks.' But the raisins, goldfish, apples and peanut butter were a hit.



Then I made this goo stuff. It wasn't made out of glue, like I've done before. But instead it was just 2 cups of cornstarch and 1 cup of water. Mix it together, as best you can, and then play away. I have no idea the scientific reasoning behind it, but when you hold it, its hard, you open your hand and it runs off. It's the neatest thing to play with!!


I guess the girls had a little too much fun. Apparently Amy dripped some over Savannah's head!

Amy still isn't feeling well. I was up with her all night. At some dark thirty hour I pulled her bed mattress into the living room for her to lay on while she watched a movie and I tried to get some sleep on the couch. I'm trying not to let myself get run-down because then I'll get sick too. And no one wants that.

If spilling things is a sign of tiredness- then I must be beyond exhausted. In previous posts I've mentioned other spills. Yesterday I knocked over the entire container of flax seed. Yeah- that's almost worse than the brown sugar..... then the pile of tupperware came crashing down on me.

Today's spill?? Spaghetti sauce.

I *almost* cried when I realized what it was. Needless to say- I cannot WAIT until these kids stop fighting their own exhaustion and are passed out so I can get some sleep too!!


5 comments:


Aunt Lynn said...
Holy cow. You are exhausted. No wonder you have a little of a disarray problem. Hope you get some sleep soon. That goo is yucky. Where do you get these ideas? Love always.
Jenny said...
You have the best ideas. You're so creative. I'm in awe of your ability to be so fun and creative even when exhausted. I do good to just function when I'm tired.
Emma said...
Good luck on getting sleep. You are amazing even when tired..
Gram said...
Hope you got an afternoon nap. It was fun talking with you and I hope you get a good nights sleep. Love to all, Gram
Mary Ellen said...
Ah a nap, I think I'll go take one...just thought I'd help you out Mugs, haha.

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow. You are exhausted. No wonder you have a little of a disarray problem. Hope you get some sleep soon. That goo is yucky. Where do you get these ideas? Love always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best ideas. You're so creative. I'm in awe of your ability to be so fun and creative even when exhausted. I do good to just function when I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on getting sleep. You are amazing even when tired..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you got an afternoon nap. It was fun talking with you and I hope you get a good nights sleep.
    Love to all, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah a nap, I think I'll go take one...just thought I'd help you out Mugs, haha.

    ReplyDelete

.