Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Leg of Our Trip

We started our trek to the beach yesterday. The first stop was Lee's mom's house in Carrollton. We wanted a quick visit with Karen and we also had to give keys to our new renters.

The kids sporting some Panama City Beach tshirts.

Amy always likes to tuck in her shirts. This was no different and we couldn't convince her to pull her pants down.

We have new renters coming in, so with that came a "check" on the house from the last guy who just moved out. I was heart broken when I saw all my beautiful front gardens were torn out and grass was planted in place.


This was such a gorgeous summer garden. The guy said it looked like it was dead, but we really wish he had asked because the particular plants were summer bloomers and were not dead. I'm still so sad about it.

But at least they left my hydrangea's. Aren't they beautiful??!!!




Our names are still on the ramp on the driveway. Forever in stone! We made it before we even knew Amy was a girl. How sweet! 


While we were gone dealing with the renters, Karen got Will to fall asleep. 


Then this morning it was off to Kennesaw with my parents. Lauren and the boys came over to play. The kids enjoyed tackling MeMe!






I LOVE mom's face here!
Mom and I went out grocery shopping for the reunion. We are definitely going to eat well! 

Tomorrow we head to Anna/Stratton's for the next leg of our journey! So far the kids have been great so hopefully they'll keep it up!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Now it really feels like it's here. We leave in the morning, so I better get moving on the final things. The guy who took out your gardens sounds like our neighbor. Some people have no thumbs, green or otherwise. See you SOOOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am just about ready--we leave in the morning. I am almost ready but you can be sure I will be by the AM. I will be getting the candy and etc. from Donna this morning. They are leaving Sat. morning. Travel safe and we'll be together real soon. Much love to you all, Gram.

    ReplyDelete

.