TYLER's EIGHTH BIRTHDAY!!! We had a great day celebrating him. Amy made a few signs to put around the house.
His food requests were very specific..... a GIANT plate of hashbrowns for breakfast. (it turns out we only have ONE candle in our house. And it happens to be a #1. I have no idea why we have it. No one has been one here for a very long time! But it's all we had so we used it all day. Mental note: keep candles onhand.)
Then a few gifts. A lot of his gifts were delayed so he got them throughout the week. He was a good sport about it and was so happy about whatever he got that day.
He's really into beyblades right now. (Basically a fancy spinning top.)
He didn't want a cake. But he did want ice cream. For lunch he wanted a panini and for dinner chicken spagetti.
He loves gum. So he also asked for 8 packs of minty gum. Of course we had to oblige. He thought it was hilarious.
He got his set of scriptures. Normally we would have waited until his baptism. But because we have no idea when that will be, we went ahead and gave them to him.
Happy birthday sweet Tyler! I cannot believe it's been EIGHT years since we had you!! We love your laugh and all your funny comments. We are so glad you are a part of our family!
April 20, day 35
Now you are really going to think I've lost it.... I spent ALL DAY building this. It's an enclosure for monarchs. It stands 5 feet high and is 3 feet wide. It's in two pieces, the bottom stand and the upper screened part. I added two doors so I could have a bottom section for the younger ones will go and the upper section is for the older ones. I have to move them between each. The reason is because the bigger ones, in effort to eat as much milkweed as possible, they will sometimes accidentally eat the itty bitty ones. So you keep them separate. The reason for this enclosure (besides my own obsession) is that it helps keep the dreaded tachnid fly off them and also- it's a fun way to observe them!
I didn't have any plans, I just saw one I liked online and tried to replicate it. It took all day and yes, I ignored my children, again. They were fine. They played outside and came and talked to me at random times.
Uncle Bobby and Cici sent us all 4Ocean bracelets. Amy has been wanting one so she was really happy. Thank you guys!
We had a delicious salad from the garden.
And I *may,* cough, have gone to garden center to buy more milkweed. Always need more milkweed. Babies are coming! :)
April 21, day 36
Went on a long bike ride with a friend. Its easy to stay socially distanced while on a bike. Got my first iris bloom of the season. No idea what kind they are, but they smell just like grape koolaid. So the friend that gave them to me calls them grape koolaid irises.
April 22, day 37
I felt tired today so I spent the day reading a book. After I was done I forced myself outside to plant a few things before it rained.
April 23, day 38
Lee and Will went bike riding and the strawberries are starting to redden.
April 24, day 39:
I had the kids make cards to send to Great Grandma. Will liked that his was the biggest.
I made faces out of their lunch food. Yeah, we aren't really going to health around here. It is what it is. Which is basically how I've been looking at 2020. You just do what you've gotta do. Why put extra pressure on yourself?
April 25, day 40
It poured and poured rain today. However, I did not check the weather forecast yesterday when I promised Will that we would play Pokemon Go. And Will doesn't quite yet comprehend excuses like, "It's raining." So we found ourselves on MTSU campus, each holding an umbrella, sloshing around hunting pokemon or whatever they are called.
It was quite chilly and the boys were just wearing tshirts. We were able to find this blanket in the car for Tyler to wrap himself up in. We laughed that he looked like this sad little boy, in an old blanket and umbrella standing in the cold rain. He was good sport and laughed too.
Will had a breakdown when Amy and Tyler started complaining. I had to explain to him that we were out in the rain BECAUSE of him and that he needed to focus on finishing the game so we could go home. It was seriously pouring (which you can't tell in photos.) The things we do for kids!
He calmed down and got back to work.
Hiding under and awning during the worst of it.
You can see how thrilled Amy was.
Tyler declared he was going home anyway.
All in all it was fun though. It was a fun memory. Yes, it was raining, but that's what umbrellas are for. We got home, changed our wet clothing and were fine. And I hope we made Will happy. That is the important thing.













































No comments:
Post a Comment
.