Immediately after breakfast our sweet little Will fell into a seizure. If you remember, he had 2 earlier this summer- I was hoping they were the last. I was actually ok with it, I was holding him, I wasn't scared, knew what to do.... until he started turning blue. You literally saw all the color drain from his lips and suddenly his hands, lips, everything was blue. Lee shouted, "Oh my gosh, he's not getting any oxygen!" Lee immediately called 911, I rolled him on his side and we were scared.
| Amy was our photographer here |
After a few initial tests, and a call to his pediatrician (whom we haven't seen yet but have an appointment in 2 weeks) they were a little concerned because he didn't have a fever. The last 2 were ruled as Fibral Seizures which are caused by a sudden rise (or drop) in body temperature. But since he hasn't had a fever and didn't have one, I'm sure more testing will be done.
| Lee said, "Why are you taking a picture? This isn't a birthday party." |
We were really scared for out little guy! It's so sad to see your baby in that state! We have a doctors appointment on Monday morning and from there the doctor will determine if more testing needs to be done or whatever else. We got home around 11am and he took a good 2 hour nap. After that, he was back to normal, although tired. They said that having a seizure is like running a marathon, except instead of 3 hours, you are running it in 3 minutes. So it definitely takes a toll on your body! Will ate well tonight and is sleeping again. We gave him a little ibuprofen, so hopefully that will keep his temperature constant throughout the night and he won't have another.
Anyways- that was our Saturday. A very exhausting and emotional day! But we are home and things are looking better. Will started getting a runny nose, so hopefully this is just an onset of sickness- which is what happened both times before. Amy has been sick, so he probably caught that. Anyhow, what a day! What a day! Taking your kid to the ER takes everything out of you!!
**I also should mention that we were very impressed with the medical staff here. The paramedics were so nice and their station is literally a mile down the road. The hospital (about 6 miles away) is brand new and they were really attentive. There is a pediatric neurologist on call, and full time in Murfreesboro, so that's nice. Plus, anything they don't have here, is in Nashville (30 mins away) at Vanderbilt Hospital- which of course, is excellent. So we feel very happy and safe with the medical facilities that are around us. Which is a great comfort!
Sounds like my Monday with Gram. It doesn't matter who it is the day is long and anxiety is high. But I can imagine how hard it is with a little one, because they can't tell you how they really feel, although gram doesn't make a very good patient anyway. Thank goodness they let us go that day as well. Hope everything continues along fine. Thanks for updating us. Love always.
ReplyDeleteI hope little Will is doing good now. Has he shown any new fever or other sign? I'll keep praying for him and please let me know all you can. Amy is a good little photographer! All my love and prayers are with you. Much love to all. Gram
ReplyDeleteWhat a Saturday! Poor little guy. I'm so glad Will is doing better. I hope the doctors can figure out what's causing the seizures. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, so glad little Will is ok and doing better! that has to be so scary, but how comforting that the staff at the hospital is good and knows what they are doing. I hope the test results help determine a way for these things to stop happening. hey let us know if you ever need us to watch Amy, hopefully this never happens again, but just let us know if something happens and we'll be over to watch Amy so that you and Lee can focus on Will. Btw, we missed you in church yesterday!
ReplyDeletePoor little Will! Hopefully after his appointment later this month, you'll have the answers you are seeking.
ReplyDelete