Monday, August 29, 2011

Amy's Bugs and Other Fun

Monday morning Amy wanted to go outside and 'check on something that looked like a bird.' It turned out to only be a leaf. But then she wanted to keep playing. This was in the front yard and I told her that she could come play in the backyard, where I could see her, but I had a lot of work to do indoors and I couldn't stay outside very long right now. (Will is asleep, and I have to do a bunch of stuff while he's down, or it'll never get done). Amy declared, "But I'm a big girl, and I'm brave, Mom!" 

She, reluctantly, went and played in the backyard. But lucky her! She found some bugs! She brought them to me in a canister and said, "Are these good bugs or bad bugs?" I looked at them and said, "oh these are good. These are rolly polie's!" Amy: "Rolly Polie's!! Oh I'm so excited!!" She then spent the next hour playing with them. 

She's holding the rolly polie... she also loves wearing her baseball hat.
Amy and Will play so well together. They make us laugh so hard. The other night, neither wanted to sleep, they crawled into our bed (even though we did want to sleep) and proceeded to laugh (and make us laugh) for the next hour. We finally got them to bed, but not without laughter stomach-aches. 

Amy pulled 2 of her chairs to the piano in Will's room so they could both play. 


One project we did last week was some paper mache. We made a volcano. We've yet to make it erupt, but Amy liked making and painting it! 


Amy did lose attention when I brought the balloons, with intentions of paper maching a pinata. I guess playing with the balloons is more fun. For the past several days, Will walks around, holding a balloon, and says "ball, ball." He loves balls!


Amy was inventive and created this balloon catcher. She had me tie the belt around, 'really tight.' It didn't work as great in action, as it did in theory. But I liked her creative idea. 


And another day that we were bored, we made some pretzels. Amy was great at rolling out the dough. 


They got really big! And they were really good! We aren't good at making the tradition pretzel shape, so we just make random ones. (It made more than this, I just didn't take a picture of all of them)


3 comments:

  1. I love the videos and the pics. She sure has a fondness for bugs. Will looks so cute next to Lee. Her hat strap in the back for size, looks longer than the amount around her head. Keep busy. Love always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your always making something!! I bet the kids love the pretzels.
    Love, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Lynn- I know! She LOVES that hat! I thought about cutting off the strap, but then thought that maybe I just just pin it in instead. :)

    ReplyDelete

.