... and Uncle Stratton!!
Will turned the big 2 today. We just loved celebrating him being a part of our family! Lee stayed home and we had a very low key/lazy morning. Mom and Dad stopped by on their way home from Kentucky. They were only here for about 45 minutes as they had to rush home for a concert tonight. (they were in their little Austin Healey, so the drives are longer as they try to stay off the highways) But it was fun to see them again!
For lunch, I made homemade pizza's... yum!
Then we had cake. I found this one the "it's going to expire tomorrow" discount rack about a month ago and quickly snatched it up. I threw it in the deep freezer (the best thing ever!!) and took it out this morning. A perfect cake, for a ball loving boy- and at such a deal! It was was easier and so much cheaper than making something myself.
Then we had presents! The wrapping paper is buried in the garage somewhere, so I just left his presents in the store bags. He didn't seem to mind.
He got a (play) tool set....
and a soccer ball... He was quite excited about both.
Little Tyler was a little fussy. Even a cupcake didn't calm him down. (teasing, of course we wouldn't give a 2 month old a cupcake!)
After lunch (we ate late) there was more play time and around 4pm we took the kids down to the pool. We attempted it the other day, only to find it closed for repairs. We were sooo disappointed! But today it was open. Tyler slept the whole time in his stroller, which was nice because we had to keep all eyes on Will! That child has NO fear of water! The pool area also has a 1 ft deep kiddie pool and that was really nice. We spent more of our time in there. After about a hour and a half of swimming, Tyler woke up and we headed home. I kept it simple with PB&J sandwiches and chips for dinner. As well as more cake for dessert.
It was a great, quiet, simple birthday for our two year old! :)




I wish Will a great big happy birthday!!! I'm sorry his card didn't get there on time but I didn't know where to send it. For a change I was all set to have it there on time--oh well, the best laid plans never work. Glad his birthday was such a fun time for all of you. The cake sure look good and cute. He sure has grown up soooo fast. Will looks more and more like his Daddy--lucky boy!! Much love to you all, Gram
ReplyDeleteLooks like Will had a wonderful 2nd birthday! The cake is awesome, and I don't think he minded whether the presents were wrapped or not...all they want to do is play with their new toys. Oh, you guys are lucky to have a kiddie pool. I wish we had one. My grandparents had one in their neighborhood when I was growing up and I loved it! Big hugs for the birthday boy!
ReplyDeleteGlad you all had a fun day to celebrate Will's birthday! Didn't I talk to you this day? I completely forgot to wish Will a happy birthday even though I was rambling on about it being Strattons birthday! ha. So sorry about that!
ReplyDelete