Oh how I love flowers! They make me so happy. I love dirt. I love color. I love watching something grow. {sigh} I am a true gardener at heart. And I dream of the year I can finally take the classes and become a "master gardener...." maybe next year.... anyhow, I have to admit, the lack of being "able" to garden (since we've been renters) the past few years has pained me.
My neighbor had a yard sale yesterday and I wandered over to see if I could find any treasures. She had this great plant stand and I quickly snatched it up.
Since the last thing I need is one more uncompleted project, I decided to start work right away. I was going to spray paint it brown, but once I started, I didn't like it. I happened to have a turquoise can of spray paint and decided to be bold and use it.
Mom had generously bought me some plants when she was here, but they weren't enough. So since I had to go to the store anyway, I picked up a few more. Soon, my yard sale find became something pretty.
I love it. I think it's such a happy and inviting statement for our front porch.
Don't you just want to come visit?? (which if the answer is "yes," then get over here!)
At the yard sale, I also saw this interesting rocking horse. I thought it was different, and I like different. I also knew the kids would love it. I was right, I don't think Amy has gotten off!
Tyler wasn't a great sleeper last night. Well, he just wouldn't go to sleep. That was fun while I got to watch "Dear John" on tv, by myself. But by 3am, I was over it. He dozed on and off but nothing substantial. So this morning, I was way tired. Lee took all the kids and let me go back to bed. I slept from 7am- noon! It was wonderful! After that, I felt much better. So today is a tv/pajama type day. So yes, this is the kids (at 4:30pm) in their pj's.
We have been so lucky the past few days. My wonderful friends have been bringing us meals. We don't "need" them persay, but it's nice that my friends don't listen to me, and just take action. I have to admit, the meals have been wonderful- and delicious! I've already gotten some great recipes. Today my friend, May, came by and it was great to visit with her for a few minutes.
So that's been us the past few days. :) Just adjusting, adjusting, and a project. :)
I just love your plant stand. So glad you used the blue so much snazier (sp?) And that rocking horse is simply adorable. I wouldn't have passed that up either. Glad you got a super duper nap, good boy Lee. Love always.
ReplyDeleteOooo! I love the plant stand, and I think you made a great choice with the color of it! I planted some flowers in our front yard this weekend, too!
ReplyDeleteI love your new plant stand too! I am glad you decided on the blue color and it looks great on your front porch. It is so happy looking and very inviting. I bet your neighbor is sorry she didn't do that with it herself. The rocking horse looks so different--I have never seen one like it before. I'm sure the kids will have a lot of fun with it. I'm really glad you got to take such a long nap. It goes to show you you don't have as much energy to spare as you think. Glad Lee let you take some time for a nice long nap. Lee you are the greatest. All my love to you all, Gram
ReplyDeleteAwesome finds! The plant stand looks amazing! The color is so pretty and cheerful! The rocking horse is so unique...I've never seen one like it either. Hopefully Tyler will get his days and nights straightened out in the next few weeks. ;o)
ReplyDeleteWow, what a transformation of your front porch. It looks so homey. The plant stand sure turned out well and that rocking horse is awesome. What a find! Good work. I also love the coffee table. It really looks nice in your living room and I bet you love having a place to set things on. I be the kids love it too. And I love that it came from our little house. Makes it extra special, especially since I didn't have to strip it. The other 2 doors did me in.
ReplyDelete