Saturday, July 17, 2021

A Day Trip: Tennessee State Museum and Capital and Axe Throwing

All the fun and games with the Allen's ended with Tyler ad myself having a little summer cold. Fun only lasts so long!

 

I took a little day trip with the Master Gardeners to a place in Chattanooga named McCoy Farms. It was really pretty.




I worked all day in my gardens one day. There was a ton of work that needed to be done. At the end of the day, the lights on the plants from the sunset was a beautiful reward.

We got a bunch of people together from church to go to the Tennessee State Museum. It was fun. The museum was great. Even the kids loved it. There were a lot of fun artifacts to look at and it was easy to understand. 



The big group left after the museum, but since we were so close, afters we walked up to the State Capital. It was really hot out. And a pretty good climb up to it, so there was some mumbling and a ton of sweat. But we made it!

We went of a self guided tour of the place. Congress isn't in session right now, so we kind of had free reign of the place. (With some exceptions, of course)















We laughed at this closet- they must drink a lot of water!



Tyler said "Mom! You love plants! Take a picture of these!" So I did. :)

This is actually the back of the Capital. I forgot to take a picture of the front.

Lots and lots of stairs!


Needless to say- we were quite worn out in the end! I think everyone slept on the way home. It was a fun (but tiring!) day!


That night Lee and I joined some friends for a date night- Axe Throwing! We hadn't done that before and it was a little scary at first. But once you got used to it, it was fun. We even both hit a few bullseyes.






 



No comments:

Post a Comment

.