It's been another busy week around here.... and this time it really has been busy. Although I do admit that one day, while the boys were sleeping, I opted not to do anything and I watched a Christmas movie. It was nice.
Some pictures from the week:
We finished our "Thankful Tree" after Thanksgiving. I guess, technically it 'should' go through the entire month. But I was getting tired of it and wanted to get everything cleaned up.
A friend of mine (Gladys) taught me how to make these little flip books. It's like scrapbooking, but on a much smaller scale. I love them. They are small, to the point and fun to have around. She has different ones she changes out each season and it's fun to be at her house and go through them. So I made my first one and put the leaves from our tree in it. Over the years, it will be fun to look back on what everyone was thankful for that year!
The other day, I thought "painting with shaving cream" would be a good idea. I added glitter to it and had all these visions in my head. It didn't turn out that way.
Amy immediately started putting it on her face. (????)
And Will freaked out if any of it got near his hand.
Then Amy started putting more of it on her face. All I could do was sit back and take pictures.
The final result:
After this, the kids took a bath. But here's a tip.... shaving cream kind of floats. So does glitter. So when you bathe your kids in glittered shaving cream.... they end up glittery. They both shimmered for days. Lesson learned.
Will looked so peaceful sleeping one day. I'm sure his "angels" were taking a much needed nap.
The kids got in the crib to read books to Tyler. Well, Amy read them, Will just played. Amy is getting really good at reading. She read us a story the other day- it was so fun to listen to her.
The biggest news of the week comes from Amy losing her first tooth! It happened at school. Mrs. Bradley had Amy call and tell me about it. Only I missed the call! So the message was "Hey Sarah, it's Mrs. Bradley... don't be alarmed, Amy just has something to tell you...." I thought it was really sweet of her to have Amy call. I love Mrs. Bradley.
(I'll be so happy when those back, silver teeth fall out!!)
Mom and Amy went out for a 'girls night' last night and bought some new church shoes. We also stopped by the bakery. Amy was really tired when we got home and fell fast asleep. She was also excited to see if the tooth fairy would come.
She did come and since it was her first tooth, the tooth fairy left $2 and a little toy. Amy was one excited girl! The tooth fairy even left a glitter trail from the window to her bed!! Wowsers! Real tooth fairy glitter! It was an exciting morning around here!
This may be a 'sign of the times' but the other day Will was pretending this book was an iPad. Uncle Mike will be happy that it was Go, Dog Go. Will would take a dog and "move" it around and around. It was so funny. If you think about it- by the time he gets to school- most books will be on an iPad of sorts. That's crazy to think about!
And here's a picture I just took of Tyler, since I didn't have any of him. I gave him a little watered down coconut water, he's loving it. He also loves Clifford (in the background) and plays/squeals with it all the time.
I'm hosting a baby shower tonight.... I guess I should go get things set up for it. But for the record, I'm really unmotivated today. :)








Love all the videos and pictures. Will must be part my Mike. He was always the same way with finger paint. I don't think I ever did the shaving cream because it would have bee tne same story. It's so nice to see the kids play and "Love" each other. Amy's remark is right on target. Better warn your mom about the gross pictures I this blog she doesn't handle the lost tooth thing so well. She is such a woosey. Take care. Love always.
ReplyDeleteWhat? YOU unmotivated? NEVER! Hope you enjoyed the movie. And yes, I am glad Amy lost that wiggly tooth yuck hate this teeth falling out stage.!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the thankful tree!! And the flip books! Great idea!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I cannot believe Amy was putting the shaving cream all over her face!!! Can you just imagine how appalled Dallin would be at such a spectacle? He'd need a plastic body suit before he even got near her. ha!