Monday, May 31, 2021

Sarah Chases A Goose

The Master Gardeners had a little competition during the month of May. It was through an online scavenger hunt called Goose Chase. They gave you missions to complete and you had to go to different places to check them off. It was fun. And kept me going all around the state! Some of the times we had to take videos, so I don't have those to share. But here are a few of the pictures:

Wildflower: Fleabane


Historic Place: Stones River National Battlefield

State Tree: Tulip Tree
 
State Park or Natural Area:  Cedar Glades


Regional Challenge: Cedar Glades (Cedar Trees plus limestone rock)


The trip to Tim's Ford State Park gave me several points.

 A picnic (can you even believe that sky????):


 
An Animal: 


 A body of water:


And perhaps the most fun part: KAYAKING!
I will admit that I was hesitant about this one. If it hadn't been for the challenge, I would have talked myself out of it. Even as I was renting the kayaks and the guy was putting them in the water I kept thinking, "Can we do this?" None of our kids have ever been a boat that needed paddling before! I had no idea how they would do. I put Amy and Tyler in one and me and Will in the other. But they did GREAT! Like amazing! And can you even believe this sky?? Oh my goodness, it was the most gorgeous day. I didn't want to leave.
Tyler couldn't wait to jump in. I finally let the boys go for it. The water was a little chilly, but they didn't care.




I can't remember what the challenge was for this one. But this was at Barfield Park.

The state flower: Iris

Regional Challenge: A visit to Cedars of Lebanon State Park. Apparently the only picture I took was of wisteria.

Regional Challenge: Me and these 3 other ladies took a 4 hour (one way) trip to west Tennessee to a park names Meeman-Shelby. It was pretty, but it was a long way away!

While in town, we stopped by the Univ of Tennessee gardens nearby. They have trial gardens in west, middle and east Tennessee. It was fun to see them. They are beautiful! My favorite was watching the wheat sway.





Our family trip to Montgomery Bell State Park also completed a Regional Challenge. (There were certain parks across the state that you had to visit.)




Picture of a fungus: I thought this one was cool.

The last Regional Challenge was way out in East Tennessee: Will went with me to this one. Seven Islands Birding Park.

The challenge is over and I have tied for 1st place! That was the goal. All the 1st Place people are from my county, so that's fun. I think the prize is bragging rights- so it seems silly to have done all this. But it was a really fun way to explore the state.



No comments:

Post a Comment

.