Sunday, August 9, 2020

Wrapping up July

Some friends invited us to pick blackberries on their land. Amy was in love with the ducks and chickens. This girl wants a farm so badly! 


 Tyler was a good helper. We picked a lot. But despite me spraying myself down, I got a bad case of chiggers on my stomach that lasted about 3 weeks. The itching was dreadful!
 Amy hid a treat in a box. It didn't take Marty very long to rip the box apart.
 Playing the drums
 I bought the game Life. We all laughed at our careers. They were randomly chosen but eerily similar to things they've talked about. Me- secret agent. Amy-vet. Will- lawyer. Tyler- teacher.



 Tyler read through every single game card.
 Amy tried dressing Marty in clothes. It only mildly worked.



My friend donated and old calculator to the kids. Really ,she threw it in the trash and I rescued it. Who doesn't love a calculator? And hey, it doubles as a cellphone!

I don't remember.....

Me starting a new workout regime. I was not sleeping.

Our friends have this cool summer toy and invited us over to play. It was so hot out. I wanted to climb in there myself!


They have pet hermit crabs, so of course Amy had to play with them.

After the playdate we took a trip to a local ice cream place.

COVID-19 isolation brought Amy into tie-dying with bleach. She did several of her and the boys shirts.

My dear friend Kristen turned 50. So I put 50 candles on a small cake and nearly burnt her house down. Well, not really. But it created a big flame!



Amy had become the family smoothie maker.

And she's loved painting.

Oh Will. He was upset about something. Who knows what it was.

Amy and I learned how to make homemade pasta from a friend.

Ice Cream in Great Grandma's bowls.


Will got glasses!

And ridiculous temperatures call for desperate measures. We made Gak.

I bought a new hat. I'm an official gardener now!


Doing a object lesson with balance and becoming unified with Christ.


We learned how to properly fold the American flag.

The dog got in my way during a workout routine.

Little helpers.

Amy likes to leave cute messages- like a smiley face in the salt.

Will found a recipe on Pinterest that looked really good so he helped me make it. It wasn't the best, but it was fun to try.

And we ended the month with a Harry Potter celebration. I always dream of having a big party but or one reason or another that always seems to fall through. This year we just had take out with Harry Potter plates.




The "sorting hat" is simply a hat that I put a each of the house ties into. They pulled one out at random and thus they were sorted. Lame, but whatever. It's 2020, right?






And thus ended July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.