We had grandma making snow angels! I mean, how many other 90 year old's make snow angels? Well, technically she was 89. We said she had to do something fun on the last day of her 80's. President George Bush went skydiving, but grandma opted for the snow angel.
Mom (meaning it to be a joke) suggested we have Taco Bell one night. She was quite surprised when everyone thought she was serious and getting the Party Box of tacos became an actual thing. Apparently Uncle Mike had never been to Taco Bell before. Needless to say it was a hilarious evening.
For the first half of the trip, there was a decent amount of snow! At least to this southern girl. (It later warmed up and melted away.)
For her actual birthday, Mom had the idea to dress her up in different ways and answer the question: Guess who is turning 90? (I'm still amazed at what Grandma is willing to do!)
(the lampshade is my favorite)
We celebrated her birthday night with pizza and a cake- with 90 candles, of course! Grandma made us laugh when she took out a hair dryer to help blow them all out! Jenny and Donna had people from all over send her cards. They hoped for 90 cards but got 100. She put them in a nice big box.
One day there wasn't much going on so Anna and I stole our parents away for a trip to Palmyra. It was probably our last for awhile and certainly the way it is now. After pageant this summer they are letting the hill go back to it's natural state by planting trees all over the front. We love this place though and had fun again seeing Hill Cumorah, walking through the Sacred Grove and seeing the Joseph Smith log home.
We convinced our parents to take a quick trip to Sauders for lunch and candy. (Anna bought the most! hehe)
And we went for Abbott's as well.
That night we had a nice dinner at a local restaurant.
(Anna and I went to Nicole's house one night with Jenny and her kids. We had the best time sitting around catching up with one another. We LOVE our cousins!!)
And then, sadly, it was time for me to come home. It was really emotional as Grandma was moving out of the house we all know and love. My kids even know the smell of that wonderful home and it's full of so many wonderful memories. I'm not too embarrassed to say I launched into the ugly cry. Grandma is now settling in at Uncle Mike's. She's doing great and it's what is best for her. But man oh man are we going to miss 76 Holleybrook Dr!
I was so, so grateful that I was able to go and stay for nearly a week. I'll always remember that trip!











































What a wonderful trip! Looks like you had a great time and made some wonderful memories! All the pictures of your Grandmother made me smile!
ReplyDelete