Our usual group of friends wanted to do their own thing so we did our own thing for the 4th.
Amy gave us a brief history lesson
I made red, white and blue striped jello. No one ever eats it, so I'm not sure why I make it. But I think it's fun.
Tyler got into the spirit of things.
I printed off some games (bingo, word search, American history quiz, etc) and we all competed against one another.
We've never done it before but we bought fireworks! (Yes, they are legal in Tennessee.) We had no desire to drive across town to the big show and all that goes with that so we had our own fun. We had no idea what to buy but we chose well as our own fireworks were great!
We set off all the black snakes at once. (Despite their faces, they thought they were cool)
And we have a million sparklers left over from last year. We only used half our stash, so we have 1/2 million left.
We needed glass bottles for the bottle rockets so I had the kids drinking IBC cream soda (couldn't find root bear at the store.)
And it was finally time to light the good stuff.
We call this their Harry Potter shot. It looks like they are all using wands!
I obviously didn't get pictures of all the fireworks. Only so many would show up with my phone camera. But it was a lot of fun and they all declared it the best night ever. I think this will become our new tradition! It's certainly much easier than driving anywhere! I must have been in a good mood as the kids didn't go to bed until 11pm. (Which if you know us, our boys are in bed by 7pm each night!) We didn't even eat a "dinner" until 9:30! haha. I guess the 4th brings out the best in me. haha. Everyone slept in this morning though, which was nice!
It was a good day.



















No comments:
Post a Comment
.